Safe & Legal Education Transport Membership

Find peace of mind by joining the UK's best source of advice on how to provide safe and legal education transport.

School trips, educational visits at home and abroad, sports activities, adventure outings...

There are a host of trips which you may provide for your pupils and students using your own minibuses or other vehicles. Whether you are a school, college or university, you have a duty of care towards those you may be transporting - not least to ensure that you are operating a safe and legal service.

However, with the increasing raft of regulations governing transport provision, running a minibus is not as straightforward as you might think.

Are you up to speed on the following:

Do I have the correct form of operator licence and, if not, where can I get one?

Do I need to sit a new test to drive a minibus or am I covered by my existing licence?

Do I need specialist training for safe minibus driving?

What do I need to do before I can take a minibus to Europe legally?

Frequently asked questions and further information about safe and legal education transport can be found on our Advice and Information page

 Safe and Legal Education Transport Application Form



Members area
Lost password?


News & Hot Topics
Freedom of Information requests
Financial Standing Update

© CTA 2009 | Accessibility | Sitemap | Web design & development by Zen Web Solutions

Community Transport Association UK is a charitable company limited by guarantee. Registered in Cardiff no. 1985361 Registered office: Aeroworks, 5 Adair Street, Manchester M1 2NQ. Registered as a charity in England and Wales no. 1002222. Charity Registered in Scotland No. SC038518.

Investor in People