Transport with Care Membership

Find peace of mind by joining the UK’s best source of advice to healthcare and care home providers on how to provide safe and legal transport.

Day trips, social outings, shopping and getting to medical appointments...

There are a host of trips which you may provide for your service users with your own minibuses, MPVs or other vehicles. Whether you are a healthcare provider, care home or other care provider it is important that the transport you use is safe and legal.

However, with the increasing raft of regulations governing transport provision, running a minibus or MPV is not as straightforward as you might think.

Are you up to speed on the following:

  • Do I need an operator’s licence and if so what type and where can I get one?
  • Do I need to sit a new test to drive a minibus or am I covered by my existing licence?
  • Do I need specialist training for safe minibus driving?
  • How should I deal with passengers who don’t want to wear a seatbelt?

 FAQs for care homes operating minibuses & MPVs

 Transport with Care Membership Application Form

Members area
Lost password?


News & Hot Topics
Freedom of Information requests
Financial Standing Update

© CTA 2009 | Accessibility | Sitemap | Web design & development by Zen Web Solutions

Community Transport Association UK is a charitable company limited by guarantee. Registered in Cardiff no. 1985361 Registered office: Aeroworks, 5 Adair Street, Manchester M1 2NQ. Registered as a charity in England and Wales no. 1002222. Charity Registered in Scotland No. SC038518.

Investor in People