The CTA in England
The CTA works to support its members in England through staff based at its office in Manchester. Our work in England is supported by the Department for Transport.
As the largest and most populous country in the UK, England also contains the highest proportion of CTA members. Our members in England have seen much change to their operating environment in recent years. The CTA in England aims to support its members in responding to these changes by developing a range of support and development services. In particular, we:
- Host an annual Conference for England;
- Publish a series of ‘State of the Sector’ reports designed to help build a robust community transport evidence base;
- Run a series of roadshows in the regions of England;
- Provide expertise to support programmes such as the Rural Social Enterprise Programme, helping to build capacity and capability in community transport;
- Provide a range of support and consultancy services to local authorities;
- Work with local and regional forums of community transport operators to help build robust networks where peer group support can thrive.
Through this work we aim to provide leadership, promoting community transport and influencing the development of better strategy and policy, and provide support by advocating high standards of practice and providing advice, information, training and hands-on support that helps operators work to these standards.
Find Community Transport providers in your area - Visit our CT online website to search for Community Transport services on your doorstep.
LSTF helps better transport links